The best tourist attractions in Armenia
Armenia is a wonderful country that will amaze you not only with its beautiful attractions, but also with its picturesque mountain landscapes.
The most beautiful attractions of Armenia, recommended for visiting
Let’s start, of course, from the capital of Armenia - Yerevan, which is one of the most ancient cities in the world (it has more than 2800 years old history). One of the attractions of Yerevan is the Erebuni fortress, which represents the symbol of the oldest settlement- Karmir Blur historical and archaeological museum-reserve (translated from Armenian as a “Red Hill”). Here, tourists can see not only the ruins of the fortress, but also can come into contact with the Chalcolithic era and the early Bronze Age.
The next attraction is the Matenadaran, where a lot of ancient manuscripts in Armenian, Arabic, Persian, Russian and other languages are studied and stored. As we have stated before, in Yerevan you can see countless historical and architectural buildings representing cultural and historical value for the country.
It is worth noting the building of the Opera and Ballet Theater, Swan Lake, North Avenue, Sports and Concert Complex after K. Demirchyan and Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex, dedicated to the memory of the victims of the Armenian Genocide, which has a great importance for the Armenian people. Among the must-visit attractions of Armenia for tourists, we would like to note the followings:
- Khor-Virap monastery, - from which you can see the inexpressible beauty of Mount Ararat.
- Garni temple. Garni is the only monument of the Hellenistic and pagan epochs in Armenia.
- Geghard. Geghard is a very atmospheric place․ Parts of the temple are carved directly into the rock, and the patterns on the walls look very fascinating.
- Echmiadzin - the spiritual center of Armenia.
- Lake Sevan - mesmerizing with its azure beauty.
- Beautiful monastery complex Noravank, which is located in the amazing gorge near the Arpa river among the red rocks. An exciting sight!!!
- Tatev Monastery. The longest cable car in the world with a length of 5,752 meters is located exactly here.
Sightseeing tours and excursions
Depending on tourist’s preferences, our company organizes historical, educational, religious, cultural, culinary and many other tours. Tourists can even offer a tour of their own interests. It all depend on tourist’s desire.